Water Damage Restoration
ServiceMaster of Medford is on call around the clock because we know that water damage needs immediate attention. When we receive an emergency call, it is our mission to come to your aid as quickly as possible (typically this means 2-4 hours if you live in Medford, Grants Pass or the Rogue Valley area).
Water Damage Restoration Services
Our trained restoration technicians use advanced procedures and equipment to ensure the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings. The ServiceMaster Restore® water recovery process includes:
- Phase 1: Emergency Response
- Job Site Inspection and Assessment
- Phase 2: Water Removal and Drying
- Daily Inspection of Job Progress
- Phase 3: Reinstallation and Cleaning (if necessary)
Our trained technicians will explain the recovery process and provide a comprehensive water recovery guide outlining the ServiceMaster Restore steps and the homeowner's responsibilities.
Water Damage Tips
Follow the steps below to help keep the damage to a minimum.
What to do:
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call for professional help.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing your wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Instead, pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
Quick water removal from a home or business is crucial to help prevent further damage and cost. When water damage strikes, call your insurance agent to determine the best course of action. Depending on the severity of the damage and your deductible it might be best to call a water restoration professional to review the extent of the damage in your home. Letting the water sit in your home is the worst decision you can make when water is present, mold growth can begin in as little as 24 hours.
Hear What Our Customers Say About Us!
February 2018, I had a water burst in the kitchen of my rental property. Nightmare - and I was not in town. I found Service Masters on a google search. When I called (after hours of course) the phone was answered immediately by a human! Good sign. Service Masters worked with the Insurance company and with me all the way through the project. After the kitchen was completed...more damage was found in the bathroom (it is an older home). I proceeded with Service Masters for the bathroom project also. The results are amazing! So fantastic that I don't even regret that this all started with the sudden burst of a water line in the kitchen. A nightmare turned into a living dream. The home is gorgeous now. Service Masters communicated with me all the way through. Every department supported me with every question and concern that I had. When doing my taxes for the 2018 year, Shannon and Karl tirelessly answered all my questions about the breakdown of costs. I can't say enough in a positive way about this company. Service Masters "YOU ROCK!!!!!"
Service Master came into my home to clean and deodorize after a smoke mishap. The job took about 4 weeks. I have to say that I was not looking forward to having people in my home for this duration of time. Tyson Holman was in charge of setting up the job and was articulate about explaining what would need to occur in order to clean the home. Tyson was also considerate in understanding my special needs for non toxic cleaners and went above and beyond to come to the house and show me different cleaning product options (on New Years Eve!). Alyssa Radke was my point person who took over coordinating the clean up with such a keen eye for the detail and organization. She systematicaly coordinated the entire clean up, communicated in ways above and beyond what I was expecting. Alyssa kept me updated on her arrival time every morning, the daily and weekly cleaning goals, as well as when she would be finishing for the day. Alyssa kept me updated on every aspect of the project with such open lines of communication and transparency. I trusted her completely to be in my home when I was not there. I cannot say enough about her work ethic, communication, personality, and core spirit. This speaks to the values of this company and I would recommend ServiceMaster and specifically Tyson and Alyssa to anyone!
Such a great company. Kept me informed of the work and repairs they were making. Took the extra effort to keep unaffected areas clean. Our little water claim was taken care of in a timely manner. Highly recommend this company.
Kitchen fire project. Service Master staff was great at helping with insurance coverage and getting all aspects of smoke and physical damage done quickly and coordinated well. I wish I had started with them rather than a contractor who didn't really care about providing actual service. Highly recommend.
Tyson was an incredible help during our recent fire and smoke damage claim. From investigating and collecting estimates, to cleaning the house thoroughly and beautifully, to setting up work for the other vendors to perform to bring the house back to pre-fire condition Tyson worked relentlessly. I am so grateful for his expertise and hard work!