Mold Removal Remediation
We are here to protect your family and their health
Mold can have serious health consequences, especially for people with allergies or asthma. Mold can also cause discoloration and damage to your structure. Because mold grows fast, you need to move faster to prevent serious damage to your home and health. Our certified technicians are well-versed in identifying and eliminating mold's causes and sources and stopping mold colonies from spreading.
ServiceMaster® Medford is here to help around the clock. We work with nationally recognized testing facilities and can provide mold inspection, lab analysis and written remediation plans. For us, it’s all about helping you get your life back to normal as quickly and professionally as possible. We will work with your insurance company to keep the lines of communication open regarding proper procedures and prevent surprises on your bill.
Although the exact means of eradicating mold will differ from case to case, the basic process remains the same. When addressing mold contamination, we:
- Observe and assess
- Report our observations to your insurance company
- Establish extent of contamination; isolate/contain contaminated areas
- Determine appropriate procedures (e.g. environmental testing, establishing mold types and baseline levels, preparing a written remediation plan)
- Remove mold and protect against spore spread
Types of Mold
All homes have some degree of mold contamination, whether its a mild mildew problem, or the serious black mold. This is due to many rooms in the house offering ideal growing conditions for mold colonies. Basements, bathrooms, and kitchens all have moisture and dark, cool spaces, which isare exactly what mold needs to thrive.
However, there are thousands of species of mold and not all of them are dangerous. Others release spores that cause immediate discomfort and illness. Molds are divided into three hazard classes:
- Hazard Class A: Extremely dangerous molds that can cause immediate health side effects. This class includes black mold.
- Hazard Class B: Molds that may cause an allergic reaction if people are exposed to them for an extended period of time.
- Hazard Class C: Fungi that cause no known health side effects. They still can damage structures and should be removed if spotted.
Black mold in a home is often referred to as the killer ‘black mold’ Stachybotrys, but that is not always the case because other types of mold are also. The Stachybotrys mold is one of the most harmful mold species; is often found in dark, humid places such as basements, bathrooms, crawl spaces, and in-between walls in a home. The best process to follow when you find black mold in your home is to call an Industrial Hygienist for an indoor air quality test. The IH will test the affected areas in your home and gather an outdoor sample of the affected structure. Once the results come back, the IH can write a proper mold remediation protocol that you can provide to a certified mold restoration professional for an accurate quote for cleanup.
Hear What Our Customers Say About Us!
Also the noise from the machines was loud, but we understand that’s the way that they operated.