Mold Exposure Symptoms & How to Stay Safe
Have you recently been feeling a bit sick and can’t pinpoint the reason? While it can be easy to assume that general malaise is a cold, there are other causes for concern. Mold exposure often presents symptoms that are similar to a cold, but that last for much longer. Let’s discuss the symptoms of mold exposure and how you can protect yourself.
The Symptoms of Mold Exposure
Just because you can’t see the spores doesn’t mean they aren’t there. One of the key ways to identify whether you have a mold infestation is to look at your health. Have you experienced any of the following?
- Running nose
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Throat and nose irritation
- Skin rashes
These symptoms are common and can be indicative of an allergic reaction to mold. These symptoms are often more pronounced in those with allergies, asthma, and the immunocompromised.
Mold Safety Tips
If you’re experiencing mold sickness, it is equally as important to know how to respond to the issue. Here are a few mold safety tips to protect your health and property.
- Hope the problem goes away on its own. Ignoring the issue is a sure way for the problem to grow worse.
- Spend extended periods of time or sleep in mold-affected rooms.
- Attempt DIY mold removal without the proper PPE or expertise.
- Spread spores by vacuuming or improper cleaning techniques
- Find the source of the mold.
- Identify how large of an area is affected.
- Get the mold tested.
- Don proper PPE when near the mold.
- Keep pets and kids out of the area.
- Call ServiceMaster Restore for professional mold removal and mold remediation services.
Don’t Let Mold Get the Best of You
Should you find yourself suffering from any of the symptoms above, it’s time to contact ServiceMaster Restore. We are a professional mold mitigation company that can help you breathe easily in your home again.