Water Damage Medford, OR
Water damage can cause substantial lasting damage to your home or business. According to insurance experts, water damage is the most common reason people file claims. The most common causes of water damage are damaged roofs, leaking pipes, and broken washing machine hoses. At Servicemaster of Medford, we are equipped to deal with any water damage restoration project, large or small.
Water Damage Restoration Services
Water can cause major structural damage and mold buildup within 24 hours of a spill or flood. To prevent lasting damage to your home or business, call Servicemaster's 24/7 emergency line. Our water damage experts use the best technology and equipment to survey water damage, remove water, dry walls and floors and clean your home or business to the highest standard.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
From the moment you call Servicemaster of Medford, we are working to put your life back together. Generally, this happens in three phases:
- Assessment: Our technician will survey the property. During this time they will note serious water buildup and use moisture detection devices to find water damage behind walls and under floorboards. This means wet spots won't be missed and left to grow mold.
- Water Extraction/Drying: We remove all water from a building using the latest equipment. This includes carpet and hardwood floor extraction, as well as industrial drying systems placed throughout your home or commercial property.
- Cleaning: We offer content restoration for valuable items in your home including documents and fine China. Our team is trained to the highest IICRC standards to protect and preserve the things you care about the most. We also offer full-scale cleaning of the structure damaged by water as well.
What to do When Your House Floods
A major storm or a broken pipe can cause a room, basement, or your entire home to flood. If this happens, your personal safety is your top priority. Only once you are safe should you worry about restoration and insurance coverage. Here are some tips on what to do if you have a major or minor water damage event:
- Stay away from standing water, especially if the power is on.
- If it is a plumbing break, turn off the main water valve.
- For minor leaks and spills, blot up water with a mop. Never use your household vacuum.
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible to find out if your damage will be covered.
- Document the damage thoroughly, both with notes and photos.
Risks of Standing Water
Standing water potentially carries harmful bacteria that can cause serious health issues. This is especially true when you do not know the source of the water. It is possible that the water in your home or basement could be contaminated with sewage or hazardous chemicals. Water damage is divided into three categories:
- Category 1 (Clean Water): This doesn't pose a substantial threat to people. Usually, clean water comes from a water supply line to an appliance or an overflowing tub or sink.
- Category 2 (Grey Water): Water that contains significant chemical or biological contaminants that can cause illness and discomfort. Grey water includes dishwasher and washing machine discharge and sump pump failures.
- Category 3 (Black Water): Water containing bacteria, fungi, and unsanitary agents that can cause severe illness. Sources include sewage backups, flood water, and seawater.
If you have water damage in your home, act immediately. Bacteria can build up rapidly and cause serious health problems, in addition to any physical damage to your property.
Medford is a vibrant community in the heart of Southern Oregon's Rogue Valley. The city is a popular fall tourism destination due to the area's lush forests. Other outdoor activities include hiking, fishing, and rafting. Medford has also been named one of the world's top wine destinations. Over 81,000 people call Medford home, and healthcare is the main driver of the local economy. The city is located near many state and national parks, including Crater Lake National Park and Oregon Caves National Monument.
What Our Customers Are Saying
February 2018, I had a water burst in the kitchen of my rental property. Nightmare - and I was not in town. I found Service Masters on a google search. When I called (after hours of course) the phone was answered immediately by a human! Good sign. Service Masters worked with the Insurance company and with me all the way through the project. After the kitchen was completed...more damage was found in the bathroom (it is an older home). I proceeded with Service Masters for the bathroom project also. The results are amazing! So fantastic that I don't even regret that this all started with the sudden burst of a water line in the kitchen. A nightmare turned into a living dream. The home is gorgeous now. Service Masters communicated with me all the way through. Every department supported me with every question and concern that I had. When doing my taxes for the 2018 year, Shannon and Karl tirelessly answered all my questions about the breakdown of costs. I can't say enough in a positive way about this company. Service Masters "YOU ROCK!!!!!"
Service Master came into my home to clean and deodorize after a smoke mishap. The job took about 4 weeks. I have to say that I was not looking forward to having people in my home for this duration of time. Tyson Holman was in charge of setting up the job and was articulate about explaining what would need to occur in order to clean the home. Tyson was also considerate in understanding my special needs for non toxic cleaners and went above and beyond to come to the house and show me different cleaning product options (on New Years Eve!). Alyssa Radke was my point person who took over coordinating the clean up with such a keen eye for the detail and organization. She systematicaly coordinated the entire clean up, communicated in ways above and beyond what I was expecting. Alyssa kept me updated on her arrival time every morning, the daily and weekly cleaning goals, as well as when she would be finishing for the day. Alyssa kept me updated on every aspect of the project with such open lines of communication and transparency. I trusted her completely to be in my home when I was not there. I cannot say enough about her work ethic, communication, personality, and core spirit. This speaks to the values of this company and I would recommend ServiceMaster and specifically Tyson and Alyssa to anyone!
Such a great company. Kept me informed of the work and repairs they were making. Took the extra effort to keep unaffected areas clean. Our little water claim was taken care of in a timely manner. Highly recommend this company.
Kitchen fire project. Service Master staff was great at helping with insurance coverage and getting all aspects of smoke and physical damage done quickly and coordinated well. I wish I had started with them rather than a contractor who didn't really care about providing actual service. Highly recommend.
Tyson was an incredible help during our recent fire and smoke damage claim. From investigating and collecting estimates, to cleaning the house thoroughly and beautifully, to setting up work for the other vendors to perform to bring the house back to pre-fire condition Tyson worked relentlessly. I am so grateful for his expertise and hard work!